Sunday, January 5, 2014

January 2014



 Hello Grade 2 Families,

I am so excited to be returning to Jack MacKenzie School after my education leave.  I learned a lot of new and exciting things at the U of R, but I sure missed working with kids every day!  I have been teaching with Regina Public Schools for 13 years and this is my 8th year as a grade 2 teacher.  Grade 2 has always been one of my favourite grades!

Ms.Cameron and I have been in touch over the holidays and I hope to make this transition as smooth as possible for our class.  I have read your the letters that you wrote about your child in September and I'm so excited to get to know them. (If you didn't get the chance to send a letter, you can still do so.)  I have many interesting things planned so hopefully your child will feel excited about coming to school.  I am thrilled to share the rest of the school year with your child.  I am committed to providing your child with a quality education in a safe and caring learning environment.  My wish is to make the rest of our year one for your child to remember-a time of growth, discovery, and new experiences- a time filled with questions, fun, and learning!

We are kicking the year off with a Nutrition unit in Health, an outdoor adventure on February 6th, Genius Hour on Fridays, PWIM (picture word induction model as part of our wordwork/spelling), blogging and new writing folders!  I will send home more information about each of these things soon.

I will update our classroom blog on Friday.  My blog address is http://mrssanchuck.blogspot.ca/.  Please check it out to see all of the wonderful things we are doing in grade 2!

Please send your email address to shannon.sanchuck@rbe.sk.ca by this Friday.  You can let me know if you don't have email access by writing a note in your child's agenda.  I check my email daily so please email if you have any questions or concerns.  I may not get a chance to respond during our school day but I will respond to you after school.

In case you were wondering, here is the link to Ms. Cameron's blog

I'm looking forward to getting to know you and your child!
Mrs. Shannon Sanchuck

No comments:

Post a Comment