Friday, October 10, 2014

October 6th - October 9th

We have been busy working on reading strategies in grade 2.  Good readers think while they are reading.  Some strategies readers use are making predictions, asking questions and visualizing as they read.  We are learning about each strategy and we discuss them while we read.  It is my hope that your child will be a stronger reader by learning these strategies.



Part of becoming a good reader is listening to reading.  This week I finished reading our first novel to the class.  We touched on many reading strategies as the story went on.  Ask your child to tell you what the mystery was about it.


We blogged about things that we are thankful for.  Everyone who was here this week has a blog post published! You and your child can read the blogs and make comments.  Your child can blog at home too!





I am THANKFUL to have such an amazing and hardworking group of kids this year!  We are building a very strong and caring classroom community.

I am thankful for your positive attitude and
leadership in our classroom.


I am thankful for your honesty
and sense of humour. 

I am thankful for all of your help and kindness.

I am thankful for your hard work
and great listening skills. 

I am thankful for your positive attitude and kindness. 

I am thankful for your kindness and wisdom.

I am thankful for your manners and respect that
you show to your teachers and classmates.

I am thankful for your eagerness
to learn and your smile.

I am thankful for your manners and smiles.

I am thankful for willingness to help
and your hard work. 

I am thankful for your smiles and artistic ability. 

I am thankful for your sense of humour
and your wisdom.

I am thankful for your hard work and sense of humour. 

I am thankful for your willingness to help
and your hard work. 

I am thankful for your contributions to class
discussions and for all of your help. 

I am thankful for your hard work that is always so neat.

I am thankful for your willingness to help
anyone out and for your smile.

I am thankful for your smile and for
your positive attitude. 

I am thankful for your neat work and for your smile.

I am thankful that you share your artistic talents
with the class and for your positive attitude.

I am thankful for your help and kindness
that you show to everyone.

Emerson: I am thankful for your caring and positive attitude.

Payton: I am thankful for your kindness and friendly attitude. 

Here are a few snapshots from our week. 

Morning exercises

During freetime a group decided to fly some paper airplanes.
This will tie in nicely with our force and motion unit!

Upcoming Dates:
Monday October 13th: NO SCHOOL
October 14th - 16th : Food Drive letter and bag to come home.



No comments:

Post a Comment